Hotel had been told to fix ventilation below deadly room
(NEWSER) – The cause of three deaths in the same North Carolina hotel room since April is no longer a mystery—but the bigger mystery now is how the third death was allowed to happen. Police have confirmed that carbon monoxide killed an elderly couple in Room 225 of the Best Western in Boone in April, and an 11-year-old boy over the weekend. The source of the poisonous gas has not been confirmed, but police say the room is directly above a room with a natural gas heater for the hotel pool, the Charlotte Observer reports.
Read more from Newser.com