OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest Name: iHeartRadio Music Festival Trip and Ticket Giveaway (the “Contest”)
Stations: Participating Stations (the “Stations”)
Contest Address: 32 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
Telephone: (212) 377-7900
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Clear Channel (“Sponsor”), and not to Facebook. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for Promotion administration purposes. ” This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries collectively received during the Contest Period.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin August 6, 2012 at 3:00 am ET and end August 17, 2012 at 11:59 pm ET (“Contest Period”). Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference for the defined time zone in which they are located, e.g. September 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm (EST) is September 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
B. How to Enter:
During the Contest Period, register for the Contest by visiting participating stations official Facebook pages. On participating station’s Official Facebook page click on the “like” tab. By “liking” participating stations you’ll access the official on line entry form on the contest application located on the “Music Festival” tab for the contest. Fill out the form completely and accurately to be officially entered. Participants may enter one time per contest period per household and/or verified e-mail address and will be eligible for the giveaway if valid entry is made prior to the selection entry deadline at 11:59 PM ET. Deadline for registration is 11:59 pm ET on August 17, 2012. One entry per person is allowed for the entire contest period. Entrant may only win one time during the duration of the Contest. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
Entrant agrees and acknowledges that the contest application used to enter the contest is administered by Clear Channel.
Participants may enter one time per contest period per household and/or verified e-mail address and will be eligible. If valid entry is made prior to the entry deadline at 11:59 PM ET. Only one entry per person per contest period allowed. Entrant may only win one time during the duration of the Contest. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or eligibility requirements listed herein. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email or telephone phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries or mail. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Contest entries must
contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned.
C. Winner Selection:
On August 20, 2012 at 1pm ET the Company will at random select from all eligible entries collectively received from all participating stations before the selection time (1) One winner to receive the grand prize. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received by the Website’s administrator on or before the deadline for registration and or before the selection time to be eligible for that day’s selection period. Limit one (1) entry per name and/or verified email address. Valid Internet entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. No more prizes other than the stated prize(s) below will be awarded. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate entry at that time. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: All decisions of the judges will be final. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Station, that the decisions of the Station is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you not comply with the rules, then the eligible winner will be disqualified. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time.
2. Prize(s). The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is:
GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, Nevada and two (2) tickets to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Grand Prize package includes: round-trip coach airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport nearest to the winner’s home address in the 50 U.S. or D.C. to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada; standard hotel accommodations, double occupancy at hotel solely determined by sponsor for two nights. Ground transportation is provided.
Grand Prize Package total approximate retail value $3,000.00. Grand Prize Package provided by Clear Channel Broadcasting. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel. Other restrictions may apply.
Prize Restrictions and Conditions:
Grand Prize travel must take place on and/or within the designated dates and is subject to schedule and availability. If the Grand Prize winner is unavailable for travel on the designated dates, the Grand Prize winner will forfeit his/her rights to prize, no cash substitution shall be offered, and the Company shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel out of the same airport and on the same itinerary. A minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any and all airport transfers, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed or canceled, the Company shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as part of this prize package and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing that portion of the prize. Company and sponsor are not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and seat locations are as solely determined by sponsor. The Company is not responsible for any travel delays, flight cancellations or difficulty. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, the Company is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. Actual value of the trip will depend on point of departure and any airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these Official Rules.
All of the following will apply to each grand prize winner : 1) Winner will be required to complete and return, within 3 days of date of receipt, a prize acceptance form including the name of their travel guest (age 18 or older or applicable forms and releases if guest is a minor), a W-9 form, an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the winner and travel guest; 2) Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and a valid passport as a condition of participating or receiving any prize. In accordance with applicable laws, international travelers must possess a government issued passport, if a winner does not have or is unable to obtain a passport within any time constraints related to the prize, the winner will be disqualified. ; 3) Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won; and 4) Winner will be responsible for paying all
applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all prizes awarded. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, in the Company’s sole discretion.
Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, finalist will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by The Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner and guest must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by The Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from The Company does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. In the event prizes are event tickets, Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded, in Company’s sole discretion. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Station will have no further obligation to winner.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 21-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award as determined by the Company and is a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside within the Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA) as defined by Arbitron or the proximity thereof as determined by the Station. Commonly the DMA represents a radio station's total listening market audience in a geographic area. If the Contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) prize per household for the Contest and for any thirty (30) day period. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant its sole discretion. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return any form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests at anytime, under any circumstances. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE THEREOF, AND/OR BY ENTRANT’S BREACHES OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. If, in The Company’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, electronic or non-electronic tampering or unauthorized intervention with any portion of this Contest, or if fraud or technical difficulties of any sort (e.g., computer viruses, bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, The Company reserves the right to void suspect Entry and/or evaluations and/or terminate the Contest and award the Prize in its sole discretion. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter or evaluate repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. Any entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of any entry forms are not permitted. By participating in a contest in which text message-based entry is permitted, entrants acknowledge that text messages are distributed and delivered through third party providers; the Stations do not guarantee, and shall not be responsible for, the delivery or timeliness of any text message entry. Not all wireless carries support access to a common short code (CSC). The CSC being used to enter a contest may or may not be compatible with all wireless carriers, and as such, you may not be able to enter through the CSC method of entry. Entrants may use the alternative entry method to ensure registration. The Station will at all times consider the time that a message is logged as arriving in its system as being the time of entry, regardless of the time at which the entrant attempted to send the entry and any technical problems or other complications that may have delayed its delivery. The Station, through its third party text messaging administrators, will store all messages received on its system, and will send participants reply texts relating to the Contest throughout the Contest Period and up to 60 days. For help text HELP and to stop, text STOP to the specified program short code and follow the instructions provided at the entry process. Standard text and data rates will apply. The Station is not responsible for service outages, message failures, transmission delays or any other factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Station, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. The Station may require, on request, proof of identity as to the rightful owner of the phone number from which the text message entry was sent. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if that entry's source and sender cannot be reasonably determined. In the event of termination of the Contest by Company, Company reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Company. In no event will the type and quantity of prizes awarded exceed the number of prizes described in the Contest Official Rules.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
9. Miscellaneous. Void outside the Designated Market Area and where prohibited unless otherwise determined by the Company. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, send request along with the name of the contest include a self addressed return envelope to: Clear Channel Broadcasting Inc, iHeartRadio Sweepstakes and Contests, 32 Avenue of the Americas, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.
*The Company is conducting the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in various States and their perspective time zones. Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference in determining the dates and times stated herein. The
**Facebook its subsidiaries and affiliated companies do not endorse, sponsor, and is not otherwise affiliated with this promotion in any manner. The registered names used in this contest are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.